Parque Eduardo VII, 1070-05
- +351 21 031 2700
Mon - Sun:None
Carlos Lopes Pavilion
The building, designed by architects Guilherme Carlos Rebello de Andrade & Alfredo Assunção Santos, was first built in Brazil in 1922 for the Great International Exhibition of Rio de Janeiro .
It would later be rebuilt in Lisbon, and called the Palace of Expositions . Its opening took place on October 3, 1932 with the Great Portuguese Industrial Exhibition .
It was adapted to host sporting events in 1946 and the World Roller Hockey Championship was held there in 1947 .
In 1984, it changes its name in honor of the Portuguese athlete Carlos Lopes .
It was closed in 2003 due to lack of conditions. Reopened on February 18, 2017, after extensive refurbishment work.
From February 18, 2017, the pavilion will host a temporary exhibition on tourism in Lisbon for the last 20 years and, in the northern tower, a permanent exhibition about Carlos Lopes with over 300 pieces, including trophies and equipment.
YOU MUST LOGIN TO SUBMIT A REVIEW