Catholic church in Lisbon, Portugal
This small church has the quintessentially Portuguese Baroque interior — large tile panels surrounded by gilding. T
he result is blue and white images under golden details which surprise upon entering, as the exterior is deceptively simple.
It’s one of the rare survivors of the 1755 earthquake, having been inaugurated in 1652.
It was dedicated to St. Sebastian, whose life is illustrated on the ceiling and on the tile panels that cover the walls.